Monday, April 26, 2010
We are very excited to announce that we will be adding a third person to our team. Please take a moment to read our job description. If you know a great web application developer, please let us know. Thanks!
WHO WE ARE:
– A two person company, you will make it three. We plan to stay small.
– We work at various locations in the Seattle area and meet in person once each week for coffee.
– We are funded by our software sales and have no outside investors or advertising revenue.
– Check out our company values and our bios here.
– We build Mac software now, but may expand to other Apple devices and the web.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
– A salary with quarterly bonuses based on company revenue goals.
– Flexibility: Choose your own office location that is convenient for you.
– Openness: We discuss our sales and finances at the end of each month.
– Public Recognition: No cogs here! You will be encouraged to tweet, blog, and appear in videos explaining the work you have shipped.
– Encouragement to pursue your dreams. For example, Elise is a professional stage actor who has been able to work part time from out of state during certain engagements. If we are creative and successful it is because of our families, hobbies, and artistic pursuits, not in spite of them.
CHARACTERISTICS THAT SHOULD DESCRIBE YOU:
– Pragmatic and Efficient
– You keep your New Year’s Resolutions
– Lifelong hunger for knowledge and new perspectives
– “Artists ship”
THE WORK WE’LL ASK YOU TO DO:
– You will create web applications built with modern standards, with dynamic features built and tested for many browsers and devices (computers, iPad, iPhone, etc…).
– Build a secure and scalable hosting service that allows our customers to publish multimedia presentations to the web. See some prototypes.
– Add localization features to our web applications to support a global customer base.
– Note that we are looking for someone with broad technical skills including front-end development (HTML5, …), server side development (PHP, Ruby on Rails, ...), and the production / consumption of web services. You will be the entire web development team!
Send an e-mail and a link to the most amazing web application you have developed to Elise Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org. No form letters please. We are standing by our inboxes and looking forward to hearing from you!