Friday, June 02, 2017
Howdy folks! I am pleased to announce a new version of Timeline 3D for iOS that is several years in the making. It will have some great new user features including:
- Document format now compatible with Timeline 3D for Mac
- User interface optimized for larger iPhones
- Movie export allows on-device rendering of HD video
- Import documents and media from iCloud Drive and other sources
- Event categories allow color-coding of events
- Separate themes for screen presentations and printing
In addition to these great features, this update also represents a major re-architecture of the code to bring the iOS and macOS versions of Timeline 3D into a common code base. That means that it will be easier for me to keep them both up-to-day with the latest Apple technologies as well as making simultaneous improvements across platforms.
Because this new update has so many changes, some of which change the format of user data, I am planning to beta test it a few weeks on TestFlight before releasing. If you'd like to join the beta test, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.