Bee Docs' Timeline 2.0.9 (beta)
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
I have just finished Bee Docs' Timeline 2.0.9.
However, this new version updates timeline documents to a new format which means that files opened with 2.0.9 will no longer open in previous versions of the software. This is true even if they are only opened and not explicitly saved.
Because of this I am doing some extra testing and am going to release it as a beta for a few days before I add it to the automatic update. If you would like to try the new release, please make a backup copy of your timeline documents first.
After you make your backup and delete existing versions of the application, you are welcome to download a copy of Timeline 2.0.9 (beta). Please send me you feedback!
New in Bee Docs' Timeline 2.0.9:
- Manual tick mark settings!
- Event links are now included in copy and paste operations
- Improved automatic tick marks for timelines spanning 1AD
- Improved automatic tick marks for timelines spanning less than 2 hours
- Fixed freeze when importing certain malformed RSS feeds
- New document format (not compatible with earlier releases)
Labels: timeline release 2.0.9 beta
Have you considered versioning this release as 2.1.0 instead of 2.0.9? Breaking compat with the previous doc format is a (somewhat) major change that deserves being reflected in the version. Just a suggestion. Keep up the beautiful work with Timeline.
Post a Comment