Saturday, December 22, 2007
Each year, my family sends out a holiday card to friends and family with a quick overview of the big moments from the previous year. This year, my wife suggested sending a timeline. Here is an photo of the inside of the card we sent out:
In case someone else would like to try this, here are the steps we used to put it together:
- We created an album in iPhoto of photos representing events from our past year. There we 23 photos. We tried to avoid having more than one photo of the same event.
- Using the iPhoto importer in Bee Docs' Timeline 2.0, we created an automatic timeline based on the date the photos were taken.
- We added a few more events (text only) for things we didn't have pictures for.
- We purchased pre-scored paper for the cards. It was A7 size, so we chose A7 from the Page Setup menu item and switched to Print Preview mode so that we could see how the timeline would look on the paper.
- We made the font and images small enough to fit on one page and then adjusted the image sizes one by one to make some larger, but still fitting on one page.
- Then we exported the timeline as PDF and took it to a print shop, where they made nice color prints of the timeline on the inside of the card.
If you think of another fun use for Bee Docs' Timeline, please drop me a line.